Makai HR's Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support in the accounting capacity to our employees, customers, and vendors. Duties may include but are not limited day to day accounting processing and various analytical projects. We are looking for a candidate that is a hard‐working, self‐starter and who posses strong organizational skill. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and working knowledge of MS Office.
- Enter / import vendor invoices
- Monthly benefits statement reconciliation
- Credit card reconciliation
- Weekly check runs
- Maintain orderly shared files paper and electronic
- Prepare and submit ACH and tax transmissions as often as daily
Analytical / Reconciliation
- Assist with commission tracking and reporting
- Assist with budgeting and analysis of costs
- Maintain balance sheet schedules
- Participate in increasing processing efficiency
Education / Experience
- Bachelors in business preferred but not necessary
- 3 to 5 years of accounting experience in small to mid‐size companies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong emphasis in Excel
- Ability to perform or learn complex Excel functions
- Experience with Quickbooks desktop
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize
Who We Are:
We’re a well‐funded brand‐new startup company in the Human Resources industry that will impact and change the way small & medium‐sized business do business forever.
We provide competitive compensation packages which include 100% paid employee health care, paid time off and a flexible, collaborative work culture. We are currently looking for talented, passionate, team‐oriented professionals to join our `ohana.