Business Development Manager
You will be responsible for finding and bringing new clients through a consultative sales process. You will be expected to sell to inbound leads and prospect externally. A successful Business Development Manager loves to work with business owners, entrepreneurs and the local community.
This person is hard-working, results oriented and driven. We’re looking for someone who both understands and is passionate about the local market and culture and wants to make a huge difference within our community.
- Find and develop prospects by heavy networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling, and business development through industry-specific organizations, centers of influence and self-built ecosystems
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with warm inbound leads & list to determine prospect’s needs and successfully walk through sales process
- Develop and present comprehensive sales proposals to business owners & key stakeholders
- Achieve 100%+ of annual sales quota by meeting the company’s KPI metrics focused on activity, conversion rates and pipeline
- Collaborate with various other departments to deliver a successful product and service to our clients
- Complete all administrative tasks and duties in a timely matter
- Be willing to complete other related projects and responsibilities that may come up as part of a start-up company
- Most importantly, impact our business which is in its early stages and growing quickly!
Some inter-island travel may be required
Base + Competitive commission structure with no cap
Requirements / Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years B2B Sales and/or Business Development experience
- Prior experience selling to SMB owners a plus, not required
- Experience working at a start-up / former business owner a plus, not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use strategic and consultative selling skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, constantly changing business and numbers-driven work environment while managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Must be able to adapt to evolving department and role, and to take on new challenges as they become delegated to the position
- Strong time-management, organizational and relationship building skills; self-sufficient and creative problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Powerpoint and Excel) and Salesforce
Who We Are:
We’re a well-funded brand-new startup company building something great that will impact and change the way small & medium-sized business do business forever.
We provide competitive compensation packages which include 100% paid employee health care, paid time off and a flexible, collaborative work culture. We are currently looking for talented, passionate, team-oriented professionals to join our startup family. If you’re looking to play a bigger role in building something incredible, please continue reading! Check out our website at www.makaihr.com.